Monday, June 11, 2012

Things about my dad!

I don't have a good recall of my childhood, just bits and pieces here and there.  What I remember most about my dad was three or four things he would say.

If! If! If! Frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their arse.  I remember telling my girl this when they started playing THE WHAT IF GAME.

Two blind men came out to fight, back to back they faced each other.... the story goes on from there.

Righty tighty, lefty loosey!  Still use this one!

Don't let the bed bugs bite, but if they do you know what to do?   Bite them back!

SOTEBS was always the gift one was getting if asked.  SOTEBS for all I know this was my dads creation. It's an acronym for Shit on the End of a broom Stick.  I know it doesn't fit totally.

SOS was a food he seem to enjoy... Shit on a Shingle is what it stood for.  You may know as Creamed Chipped Beef over mashed taters, rice, scrabbled eggs!

He hated oil that would settle on top of spaghetti mac that was still in the pot.  So much so, he would start yelling at mom.  I have found myself sounding like my dad all to often.  I hate it!

But mostly I remember trips to the woodshed were a 2x4 was used.   I can't tell you how many times I've woke up during my life seeing that board crashing down on me.  I hated him for years, but come to realize, he was doing what he knew right or wrong.  I carried that hatred inside me for years and years and to this day I  will not bow down, even if you have a board in your hand.  I know the hated and anger within, messed with my life in so many a ways and I regret many things I can't correct.  But, I love my family and friends and I try very hard to stand up for those that are beaten down and need a hand up.  I will take that board for you if I can, I will protect you if I can.  I will...........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment